Friday, September 21, 2012

Lunch at Dizzy Lizzie's: MEH

Dizzy Lizzie's is located at 300 Market Street, Kittanning, PA. Everyone raves about their breakfasts. I went there with Dad after some practise drives around Butler in preparation for my driver's test (which I have failed twice so far). This was at 11 am. We figured we'd order lunch.

Our order
Dad got chicken and biscuits. I ordered the burger.

Wait time
Our food arrived in about 15 minutes. There were only two other customers in at that time.

The food
My burger looked promising. The patty looked hand-formed, not machine-made.

Mmm, salivating yet?

Unfortunately, it didn't deliver on taste. The beef patty was cooked okay - well done. But it tasted like it had sat in the freezer for some time. It just didn't taste fresh.

Moving on... 
Dad sat quietly picking at his chicken and biscuits. He's not a picky eater. Usually.

Dad:   Have some. I can't eat anymore.
(I taste a small bite)
Me:   WOW.
Dad:  It's kind of salty.
Me:   *chokes* ... No kidding!

When I tasted that chicken and biscuits, I understood why. It was astoundingly salty.


Leftovers
I'm not sure why, and neither was Dad, but he had the chicken and biscuits to go. Next day, he told me he gave them to the guinea hens. The guinea hens didn't eat it. But some other (mystery) animal licked up all the gravy that night. That animal most likely has high blood pressure or sodium toxicity now.

Gracie's Verdict
For Dad's inedible meal, and my freezer-burned burger, Lunch at Dizzy Lizzie's gets ONE star (out of 5). 

Would I go back? 
Yes. Because I'm curious about the rave reviews for their breakfasts. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please leave a comment!